Oracle Forms:Oracle Forms is a software product for creating screens that interact with an Oracle database. It has an IDE including a property sheet, object navigator and code editor that uses PL/SQL.
2) Explain what are the Oracle forms services components include?
Oracle forms consist ofClient: Client sends the HTTP requests
Forms Listener Servlet: It start, stop and communicate with the Forms Runtime Process
Forms Runtime Process: It executes the code contained in a particular forms application
Database: The data fetched from the database
3) Mention what are the new features introduced in Oracle Form Services in 11g Release 2?
- In Oracle Form Services, the features included are
- Integration with Oracle Access Manager
- Schedule forms runtime prestart
- Enhanced network statistics reports
- Support for Unicode columns
- GUI Mode configuration parameter
- Forms metric agent
- Support for URLs in image items and iconic buttons
- Oracle real user experience insight
4) Explain what is the difference between CALL_FORM, NEW_FORM and OPEN_FORM?
- CALL_FORM: It starts a new form and pass control to it
- New_FORM: It terminates the current form and replace it with the indicated new form
- OPEN_FORM: It opens the indicated new form without replacing or suspending the parent form.
5) List out the Oracle Forms Configuration files?
Oracle Forms configuration files include,
- Base HTML files (base.htm, basejini.htm, basejpi.htm, and baseie.htm)
6) In Oracle Forms Report, what is the maximum length of Record group Column? What are the different types of Record Groups?
The maximum length of Record group column names cannot exceed 30 characters. Different types of Record Groups include
- Query Record Groups
- State Record Groups
- NonQuery Record Groups
7) Mention what is the sequence of firing triggers in forms?
The sequence of firing triggers in forms, when forms open is
8) Mention what the “LOV of Validation” property of an item? Mention what is the difference between lov and list item?
When LOV for validation is set to True, Oracle Forms compares the current value of the text item to the values in the first column displayed in the LOV.
LOV is a property where as list item is an item. A list item can only have one column while lov can have one or more columns.
9) Explain how can you use the same LOV for 2 columns?
We can use the same LOV for 2 columns by passing the return values in global values and using the global values in the code.
10) Mention what are bind variables?
The bind variables are used in report 6i for replacing the single parameter in the select statement.
11) Explain how one can iterate through items and records in a specified block?
To iterate through items and records in a specified block, one can use NEXT_FIELD to iterate through items in a specific block and NEXT_RECORD to iterate through records in a block.
12) Explain can you convert or reverse engineer a FMX back to a FMB file?
No it is not possible to convert or reverse engineer a FMX back to a FMB files, to ensure they are not lost.